8 things you should know about Tony Venning
Founder and Managing Director of Crucial Insurance and Risk Advisors
Two decades of experience
Tony’s corporate insurance career spans over two decades. Throughout this time he has worked at Board level for major global risk and advisory insurance firms both in the Australian and the UK. He is a recognised leader in the provision of specialist insurance broking and risk management advice to high profile international sporting associations and multinational companies across the globe.
Tony has been featured in publications such as the Courier Mail, Insurance Business Australia, insurancenews.com.au and Ticker News for his commentary and contributions to the industry.
Tony is the recipient of numerous awards including the prestigious NIBA Stephen Ball Memorial Broker of the Year Award. The National Insurance Brokers Association (NIBA) is the leading industry body for Insurance Broking Professionals.
Tony's other accolades include:
- Advisr 2022 Top Insurance Broker (QLD)
- Advisr 2022 Top Thought Leader (Australia)
- Advisr 2022 Top Small Brokerage of the Year (Finalist, Australia)
- 2021 NIBA Broker of the Year (QLD)
- 2021 Telstra Business Awards State Finalist (Outstanding Growth)
- Advisr 2021 Top Thought Leader (Australia)
- 2021 Insurance Business Awards - Broker of the Year (1-19 Staff) (Excellence Awardee)
- 2021 Insurance Business Awards - Broker of the Year (1-5 Staff) (Excellence Awardee)
- Advisr 2020 Top Insurance Broker (Australia)
- Advisr 2020 Top Insurance Broker (QLD)
- Advisr 2020 Top Specialist Broker (Finalist)
- Advisr 2020 Top Thought Leader (Finalist)
- Advisr 2020 Top Rated by Customers (Finalist)
Recognised Lloyd’s Coverholder
Tony is also a recognised Lloyd’s Coverholder and has over 20 years of experience trading with Lloyd’s of London. Our status as a Lloyd's Coverholder allows us to provide our clients with direct access to the world's specialist insurance market, LLOYD'S.
Led programs for high profile sporting associations
Tony’s experience includes leading the insurance programs for sporting bodies such as The FA, Formula 1, Cricket Australia and Netball Australia. He has also worked on prestigious events such as the Cricket World Cup, Rugby World cup and the Olympic Games.
Tailored insurance solutions
Looks after the community
Tony’s most rewarding achievement in his career was being responsible for designing an insurance program for the AFL and Cricket Australia following the collapse of HIH. At the time, many clubs were unable to play as they were uninsured following HIH's collapse. By designing a National Insurance Programme for both sports, many clubs were able to obtain affordable insurance again. This meant kids all round the country were insured to play sport at their local club again.
Tony loves to be challenged. In 2008 he conquered Mt Everest alongside the England cricket team all in aid of several worthwhile charities. He even got to bowl a few overs at Base Camp in an official match. In fact, at the time the match made the Guinness Book of Records for the highest ever altitude for a competitive cricket match!
Tony’s family are of extreme importance and he very much enjoys spending quality time with his wife Luanne, and their 3 children.